Friday, March 13, 2009

Maddy's First Haircut!


So, as most of us know, it took two whole years for Madison to finally get some hair...and what did we do...CUT IT OFF! Brandon has been bugging me for months now to get her hair trimmed in the back because it was so uneven but I was completely against it. Well, from previous blogs, we now know that anything can happen when Daddy babysits (remember the "poo poo" incident). I was at work the other night and when I got home Madison immediately started pulling at her hair saying "cut, cut". I had no idea what this meant until Brandon said, "She wants to get her hair cut". Really?? How does a two year old know when to get their hair cut? They don't! He had talked her into getting this done while I was away at work, but was he the one to take her..NO!;)


After much consideration that night and into the morning, I gave in...we did it. We went to a cute little place in Rockwall called Sharkey's Cuts for Kids. It was so neat! Luckily there was a little boy getting his hair cut before her so she was great when it came her time. They had a cute little Barbie Jeep for her to sit in and she was able to watch cartoons on a flat screen as well....why can't I get that kind of service!??! After the woman wet her hair, ends up the left side was over an INCH longer than the rest of her hair! Guess it really needed to be cut. I feel like it looks a little like a "bob" so I am still getting use to it but I think it was something that needed to be done, and Brandon is very pleased as well.

Of course I kept a few of the strings they cut from her tiny head and after a $20 KIDS haircut we had lunch at Which Which. That's right...$20!!! I couldn't believe it. I mean they barely cut anything and it cost that much. You better believe I let them know that was a little ridiculous! Brandon couldn't believe that I would complain about something like that if I was satisfied with the service...but that's more than what he pays as an ADULT for a haircut. Guess we'll be waiting another two years before getting another cut;)

Needless to say it was a great day and she loved showing her Daddy her new "Do" when he got home that night!

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet :) The bob is really stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, we got Dylan's haircut too this weekend, but with boys you have to cut it alot!! He got his first haircut before he was one because it was looking mullet-ish! haha But I love the bob, she is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete