Monday, March 16, 2009

Potty Time!!

So....I don't want to jinx it, but Maddy is doing so well with potty training! We bought a potty seat when she was 16 months old because she was very aware of when she was going in her diaper. We are JUST NOW getting use of that potty. Starting last week, I got pretty strict on taking her the potty frequently throughout the day. This week is my Spring Break so I am determined to make it happen! I know that she won't be fully potty trained in a week, but just since yesterday (when I started) she is already telling me when she needs to go. She wore the same pull up today from the time she woke up until 5p.m.!! I was so proud. She even told me when she needed to go "poo poo" and she did it on the big potty. We obviously make a HUGE deal about it...I mean dancing and singing and clapping, etc. so SHE is now getting excited about going potty. She gets very upset when I say we have to put a diaper on for bed because she only wants to wear the pull ups. Anyway, so very excited about being out of diapers soon, yet sad because that means she really is a big girl:(

No comments:

Post a Comment