Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What happens when Daddy is the babysitter...

So of course I know that Daddy's way is a little different than Mommy's way...right? For instance, I am with her ALL day long so I obviously have to be the bad guy sometimes. She has to run errands with me and such, so its not always about her. With that said I do make make sure and find time to work on some learning activities, reading, play outside, dance when she wants me to, have tea parties...basically we do it all...so I thought.

Well, I call Brandon on my way home from work and Maddy answers. I ask her what they had been doing and she said "poo poo". Of course I start asking her if she went "poo poo" in the potty which anybody would think she was referencing too. Oh boy was I in for it! As I walk through the front door there is a small pile of "poo poo" lying in the middle of the living room...I was FURIOUS! I immediately started on Brandon with "why if the dog went to the bathroom on the floor would you not pick it up!!? Our child is playing in here and that is just disgusting to leave that there for her to have to play around"! May I remind you, our dog does not too this very often at all, but certainly has been know to when she is ignored and not let outside. So as I am screaming at Brandon he is very calm and continues to say "that's your dog, you know I don't pick up afer her, she is your dog". So this made me even more mad because no matter who's dog it is, PICK IT UP when there is a two year old playing right there!!! I mean come on, the dog is a 4 pound yorkie, how big can the poop be!?! To top it off, as Brandon continued on with his straight face, smirking just once in a while, he finally got up from the couch and with his BARE hand PICKED UP THE POO POO!!! As I started to freak out and he started laughing hysterically, I soon realized him and Maddy pulled a bad prank on me..it was Play Doh!!! I guess it's safe to say I was Punk'd. At this point I have completely forgotten about how mad I was and we were all laughing so hard with Madison still saying "poo poo".
I guess it's only to be expected that when Brandon keeps her for only 3 or 4 hours they are going to have as much fun as possible and who knows what that might involve. I think she adores her daddy for this and I think it's the cutest thing. To make it up to me, he had to watch the Bachelor with me...he never watches that show. Oh, and yes I took a picture of it because I wanted to show how real it really did look, especially not knowing any different and walking in 5 feet away...I swear it looked so real.

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I was grossed out at first thinking that I was looking at dog poo...it looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is hilarious that you posted the picture. i saw the picture before I got to part about it being play-doh... and I was think, "that's sick, risher!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, huh? It is truly a story I will always remember now...still can't believe I fell for it. And Stokes...it's so funny that you still call me Risher! That's how I knew this comment was from YOU!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny...Sounds just like something Larry did to me right after we got married...

    ReplyDelete