Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mac 'N Cheese...how hard can it be?


So, it's been 4 days since I put the house up in smoke...LITERALLY! Madison said she wanted some mac 'n cheese with her dinner so of course I say "okay". I must mention that it is MICROWAVEABLE Mac 'N Cheese...not much to it...unless you are me. I am so distracted at the time because she is requiring a lot of attention and not satisfied with anything. I put the carton in the microwave without a second thought and move on to the living room where I was called by my darling daughter:) Within a minute or so I look back towards the kitchen and see nothing but a huge cloud of smoke. At this point I have no idea what is happening, but know that I should do something. I rapidly get to the microwave asking "what is going on", while Brandon is on the phone with his dad. I open the microwave to see that I have forgotten a "small" part of what it requires...WATER!! Yes, I am that big of an idiot. I make this at least twice a week, I'm not that stupid. I was just so involved in what Madison was doing that I simply forgot.

Brandon is now a little frustrated that he gets snappy with me (while still on the phone) and eventually says, "I have to let you go, my wife is burning down the house". Well, I might as well have been doing so. The smell and cloud of smoke was so bad and thick that we just had to get out. All of us were coughing so bad that we knew we had to do something. We left the house and went to Wal-Mart to buy some time. When we got back...not much better. We had turned on every fan so the cloud itself was gone but the awful smell was still lingering.

This brings me to the "4 days later". I opened the microwave to make popcorn tonight and the smell shot out at me that I went with Cheez-It's instead. This is exactly why I don't cook, but I mean come on, a five year old could make micarowavable macaroni! I stand firm on that when you have a two year old running around, you simply can't have it ALL together. Good times...

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! At this second I am really making mac and cheese, I came over to the computer while it is boiling to come check the computer and I see this. How funny! You get the award for the weirdest pictures on here for sure. Everytime I log on, I look at your new post and think...what the heck???

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I totally blog-stalked you from Shelly's page, hope you don't mine! No there is NO way to have it ALL together, I don't think I have ever burnt anything but these days it doesn't matter what I make Dylan wants either pizza or cereal...breakfast, lunch, and dinner!!

    ReplyDelete